- Immediate superior: Operations Director
- Subordinate: 6
- Schedule: 40 hrs/week
- Hiring date: Immediately
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Property Manager is responsible for managing a residential property portfolio, contributing to cost estimating activities for maintenance and repairs and ensuring that the buildings under his/her responsibility are properly maintained. In addition, the Manager will be expected to participate in the improvement of processes and procedures within the building management operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, follows up on activities and effectively utilizes available resources in order to achieve the Company’s objectives;
- Participate in the planning of material resources required for minor repairs and refurbishments of units;
- Organize and manage the execution of minor repairs and work;
- Maintain preventive and corrective maintenance schedules;
- Supervise the execution of major subcontracts related to repair work;
- Conduct regular building walk-throughs;
- Produce maintenance records, contract costs and ensure compliance with budgets;
- Negotiate the best contractual conditions and prepare related documents (purchase orders; estimates);
- Actively participate in the improvement of processes and monitoring of operations management;
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets.
- College diploma in an appropriate field of study (Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Renovation, Building Management) or in a field directly related to the position. An undergraduate degree is an asset;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in supervision and management of work and repairs in residential and commercial buildings of various sizes;
- Master the concepts of operations follow-up and be able to propose improvements to them;
- Master the MS Office suite tools.
SKills and qualities sought
- Possess a sense of responsibility, organization and priorities;
- Analytical thinking with strong planning, prioritization and execution skills;
- Be able to implement effective and well-documented management and monitoring tools;
- Is comfortable in interpersonal relations ;
- Good command of French and English, both oral and written.
Means of transportation
- Possess a car and a valid driver’s license.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Joe Nachef: email@example.com